Monday, February 1, 2010

By the numbers

Why am I blogging and not doing homework??  Oh yea, cause homework sucks!  I have senioritis, big time.  I am still two point five semesters from graduation...feels like forever.  Although, I made an executive decision to order myself a Cookies By Design bouquet for graduation in December.  After all, how many times do you graduate college?  (Ok, three if you are me...but how many times do you get a cookie bouquet?? NONE!) 
So I had an awesome post planned for a look back this past few months at our fertility journey.  I have really been enjoying the book The Conception Chronicles and I think my favorite line so far has got to be one of the gals talking about screw a kids meal discount, if you have paid more than 20k to try to have a kid, you deserve a freakin discount at a restaurant!!  Makes me laugh when I don't think this whole TTC thing is very funny (most days...).  Anyways, as I was putting together my numbers I realized that in the past 10 months of trying we have spent almost 6k and 2k of it has been the first IUI cycle.  Yes, we are blessed to have high deductible insurance with no fertility coverage.  I mean, at least my asthma medicine is covered (at $225 for a 30 day supply of pills)! By the way, anyone considering fertility treatments should really check out Freedom Fertility Pharmacy.  I had NEVER heard of them until my doc accidentally called my RX in there.  Turns out, they are about 40% cheaper than my regular pharmacy and they deliver overnight- for free!  So anyways, back to the ridiculous amount of money we have spent so far...I then started to count up the number of pee sticks I have wasted and the number of useless gadgets/vitamins/books I have acquired thus far and all of the sudden, it wasn't a real funny post.  I know, I know, many people have spent much more time/effort/funds and still are in the same place I am.  But, it's my blog and I will whine if I want to!  



No comments:

Post a Comment