Saturday, February 6, 2010

I hate the 2ww!

Can I just rant real quick?  Because otherwise I will continue my quest on google to look up symptoms which could be ANYTHING and convince myself that I am pregnant.  So, writing a blog post should at least distract me long enough that I realize what a waste of time this is!  It all started last night, I had been really wanting some salt and vinegar chips all day.  I hate salt and vinegar chips and we don't have really any chips around.  Went to the mall and got really, really hot and dizzy (thanks prometrium...you are so much fun!) then met J's brother and his girlfriend at a bar for some hamburgers and darts.  When we got our food, I started chowing down on my pickles and then J's...he looked at me and said, Uh- are you sure you aren't pregnant (I also don't really love pickles).  I told him, even if I was, I would not be having these kinds of symptoms this early, so, while I can't be sure of anything yet, I have to tell myself I am not so that when AF comes I don't completely lose it (who am I kidding, I completely lose it anyways).  Woke up this morning, same thing- pickles and/or salted chips.  So I am settling for a carne asada burrito when J returns from hunting.  And maybe some pickles later :)   
Also, as much of a pain as prometrium is, I found some really interesting information about it- namely that one of the biggest causes of low progesterone is stress and that when you have low progesterone and start taking it, you can have what seems like super-severe side effects whereas many other people have little to none.  I need to talk to my RE next week, when we initially started my progesterone was low but has not been tested since.  Wonder if that could have been one of the issues all along?  Another thing I found is that most people are prescribed 100-200 mg and I am on 600 (sure that has nothing to do with my cramps, sleepiness and hunger which I would like to attribute to pregnancy but unfortunately probably not so much!).  
Anyways- now that I have talked reason back into myself and see the disaster that my living room is, I better get to work.  We leave for CO on Thursday and J's brother will be staying here, I hate to have people over when my house is messy!  Plus I guess I better pack and all- my dad talked like our flight was at a normal-person time and come to find out that we leave KS at 5:00am and our return flight doesn't get in until midnight.  Suh-weet!  But I am looking forward to at least two hours (plane ride) of un-interrupted reading time where I will NOT feel guilty that I am reading and not doing homework/cleaning/working around the house!  

2 comments:

  1. I have looked up early pregnancy symptoms so many times I don't know why I kept looking them up--I knew them by heart. Sounds like you might be on to something there with the salty chips and pickles. Thanks for stopping by today, I appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on the 2ww, I'm right there with you...it completely sucks & plays mind games with me on a daily basis. Thanks for stopping by & your comment...yes I do the same with baby clothes! I did find a good book, so thankfully trying to enjoy some of that. We'll have to meet up sometime seeing as we're in the same city!

    ReplyDelete