Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

Hi Friends,
Hope your weekend was fun!  Friday night I had a ticket to go with a friend to the Reba McIntyre and George Strait concert.  She got the tickets on craigslist and I didn't exactly know where our seats were...boy, that was a learning experience!  I wouldn't say that I am afraid of heights but sitting at the very top row of the new arena was not an experience I ever want to repeat!  I felt like if I sneezed I might tumble down the whole 3.some miles to the ground (no kidding, they are doing an American Lung Association Run/Walk on the stairs there, three point some miles from bottom to top!).  Anyways, the sound was not great and we couldn't see the screen because of the ceiling light beams, soooo the concert was kind of a bust.  But, important lesson learned, NEVER pay for seats in that section again!  Saturday was a whole lot of nothing, I was really bummed this weekend reading some of my IF blogs of those that received their BFP's or saw the second pink line- bummed because in each post I read there was also fear and a cautiousness.  I think about the many stupid girls at work who had an "oops" pregnancy and never thought for a second about caffeine intake, cramping, miscarrying or anything else that seems to be a constant for those who have gone through IF or experienced loss.  It's just not fair!!  I know, life isn't fair either but for some reason this weekend just hit me really hard and I really had these girls on my mind this weekend.  
Anyways, other than being bummed on Saturday, we went to my BIL's house that he shares with his girlfriend.  They were really fun and cooked steak and crab for us and we watched The Stepfather (weird...not something I would have picked, overall not awful...).  Today has been the usual homework mad-dash and dreading going back to work tomorrow.  The bright spot is that I actually started meal planning again, it kind of got lost in the shuffle.  I have been using Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld which I think is an awesome way to get extra veggies and not taste them.  I have some cauliflower and spinach scrambled eggs with whole wheat toast and a grapefruit ready for the first half of the week!  Yummy!  I have meatloaf with butternut squash and spaghetti and meatballs with carrot and spinach puree on tap for dinner this week.  I like not having to figure it out as I am running out the door to make it home from work, so it will be good to get back to a pre-set meal plan!


Also, if you wouldn't mind, I have an appointment Wednesday morning and I can't stop worrying about it...I would appreciate a prayer or two!  Of course, I will be wearing my lucky socks from my friend Meg (hey, even though it's only a blood draw, the socks can only help me, right?) so I know everything will go well :)  

2 comments:

  1. I hear you on the worrying...it absolutely is not fair! I will definitely be keeping you in my prayers Wednesday, hopefully we'll both be getting reassuring news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers and lucky socks - you can't go wrong :-)

    ReplyDelete