Thursday, February 4, 2010

Every five minutes...

Someone else turns up pregnant and I just want to scream.  Well that and we have to start tracking our time in increments of five minutes at work.  Seriously.  So, hopefully I have a job tomorrow because I decided that after item number 180 (well, I work 10-12 hours a day, salary, with typically no lunch...how many entries does he expect???) I decided to start having fun.  Here were some of my entries for Thursday:
12:05 to 12:11  go to kitchen, get yogurt out of fridge, forget spoon.  Return to kitchen, get spoon then eat yogurt.


3:30 to 3:45 explain to shipping yet again that passes must be received as passes and fails as fails.  See entry in D2, D46, D85 and D90.  


3:46 to ? Start trying to put schedule together for customer X.  After the fourth interruption (less than 5 minutes, not documented...although 4 minutes times 4 interruptions is 16 minutes) gave up.  On conference call with customer X discussed his impending maternity leave (I think he meant paternity but I really didn't want to correct him) and luckily didn't get a chance to bring schedule up.


6:15  I am leaving now.  Yes, I have been here for 11 hours.  


I wouldn't have been such a B* about it but to have someone who manages us and has never had a customer a day in his life, who came from an IT background ask "Well I don't understand what is taking so long.  You should just put the schedule together, no more than 5 minutes, correct?" Just makes me (and everyone else in the department) want to scream.  The funniest part is how petty everyone has become.  I went and bought a bright pink HUGE watch at walmart and every time someone comes over to ask me a question, I turn my timer on.  Another gal has a stopwatch around her neck and does the same thing.  I mean honestly, while the people I work with are not my favorite on a personal level, they are some of the darn hardest workers I have ever met.  To treat us like five year olds is a little ridiculous.  Hopefully we only have to do this for a week- I take a little bit of pleasure in knowing the Mr.IT didn't set up his excel formulas correctly and he will have his work cut out for him when sorting through our items!  I know, sick and wrong!!


Anyways, yet another friend (well actually my cousin) posted this on her facebook status:
"I can't believe I am going to be 27 with three kids!  Yes, we are pregnant again- I am so old!!"
All I wanted to respond with was (no, I didn't...I save my attitude for my blog!):
" I can't believe I am going to be 26 with no kids.  Yes, we have officially spent a year doing fertility treatments with no success.  It makes me feel so young!!!"



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nice blog comment, yes crazy to find a fellow Kansan, Wichita at that! We've lived here for about 2yrs now, so still a bit new to the area. Anyway enough about me, I can completely relate to your annoyance w/the fb comments. I try to remind myself that we will be more prepared for parenthood when we experience it than those people who jump into it at too young of an age. Also as a social worker I'm a big believer in couples needing to be married for at least a year to build a strong foundation/relationship before having a child together. As difficult as this journey can be it will likely strengthen your relationship with your husband & hopefully make you better parents for it. Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you about having a list to infinity and back of people that are pregnant right now. Thanks for visiting my blog, I appreciated knowing someone was out there.

    ReplyDelete