Sunday, February 7, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

Wow, I can't believe this weekend is over already!  Feels like it barely started.  First, the topic always on my mind, today is 8 dpiui.  I feel cruddy, just a general, down in the dumps, mopey, achey feeling.  For some reason, the past three or four cycles I have developed an aversion to coffee (which if you know me, you know how STRANGE that is) about a week before my period.  Well, guess what...it happened again today.  So, as much as I hope, I have to realistically realize that I am probably not pregnant, again.  Even though I am loving me some pickles right now!  Seriously, we ordered Jason's Deli  and let me tell you, I was in hog-heaven with pickles and peanut butter cookies for my dinner yesterday! 
Started to pack for our trip and seriously tore my house apart for two days straight making garage sale piles, starting to pack, realizing I still haven't given out all my Christmas presents (February isn't too late, right?) and just generally stayed around the house and did homework (not as much as I should have, of course).  I hope my mood improves before we go visit my family next week-it's going to be hard enough as it is, let alone Valentine's Day, my birthday and another failed cycle.  Ugh.
Oh yea- and I told myself if we had one more failed cycle, I was going to quit.  The stress at my job is unreal.  However, I have put out over 500 job applications in the past three months and have received one call for a job paying less than half of what I make, which I was going to interview for anyways but the day my interview was scheduled, I received a message that they had already hired someone.  Yikes.  All I know is, I am taking 18 hours this semester, one semester (possibly two) from graduation- plus all our IF struggles, I am not sure how much longer I can do all of this.  I just have to keep hoping something is going to change some day soon!  


On a positive note, LOL, I just found out that we get Investigation Discovery for a whole 'nother month on our free preview.  Yay!  I am a crime junkie and love, love, love me some ID network TV!  I know I am driving J nuts- he hates these shows...but I have had my own mini marathon in the background all weekend, plus I cleared out the DVR so I can record everything possible before we lose the channel :)  I know, it's the little things!  Oh, speaking of little things, my friend Megan has a wonderful "year of charity" that she is doing on her blog and one of the groups she donated to is Fertility Socks which I think is just the neatest idea!  Meg always finds the worthiest causes, and when she mentioned this one, I knew I had to get them some socks!  So, I have a package in my purse, to mail tomorrow!  I encourage my IF friends to check them out and if you aren't an IF friend, check them out anyways and realize that yes, a pair of socks can make a difference to someone going through this!


PS:  No, we didn't watch the Super Bowl.  Thank goodness, hubby cares as little about sports as I do.  Hence the Dateline marathon!  It's like the Super Bowl for me!  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by. Hope everything works out for you on your end too. Good luck on the job front. I hope you have a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I'm so glad I showed you Fertility Socks! I should have shown you sooner! I think I might donate some postage to them soon.

    ReplyDelete