Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1, 2010

Ok well it's been awhile. Funny that my last New Year's resolution was to keep a better blog, which clearly hasn't happened! As we played scrabble with Jerad's dad last night and tried to remember what we were doing at this time last year (still no idea, probably because it was so boring it wasn't worth remembering!) I realized that I need to keep better track of things. Since I have yet to scrapbook our wedding, I am clearly just going to have to make more time for scrapbooking and or blogging. Especially while we are TTC, while this has not necessarily been a time I would look back fondly on, it is important to look back and realize that all of this was worth it at some point (hey, I hope that point is sooner rather than later!!). So, as I look ahead to 2010, here is what is in store:
- After 9months of unsuccessfully TTC and under the care of an excellent RE (reproductive endocrinologist), we will start "shots and IUI" also known as Ovarian Hyper stimulation and Intrauterine insemination in the middle of January. This break over the holidays has actually allowed me to produce more eggs than ever which has led to discussion about work, school and the benefit of continuing to spend money on this with all the stress I currently have. (If that didn't make sense, we realize that with stress in the picture we may be just throwing money down the drain but unfortunately there are several very expensive tests that must be current within one year in order to keep going that I have had done within the past 6 months but if we wait will have to pay for yet again. Keeping all of this in mind as we continue treatment, I am not sure what the next year will bring).
-We did not get ANY house repairs done over break. Should we magically receive a babe on our doorstep tomorrow, we have absolutely no place to put said child. So, hopefully there is time, energy and money available as the year goes on to take care of our final room remodel.
-We added another addition to our family. Yes, we are the weirdos with 5 dogs. Although this one in particular can be attributed to Jerad, I have to say that in my humble opinion, we will be excellent parents. We have the five most loved dogs I have ever seen (not that I am biased) and could not turn away our little mus (artimus, also known as muss, mr.muss) as we saw his skinny behind trying to cross the highway.
-I will graduate this year (yay!) and have no idea what to do with myself after the past seven years have been spent (on and off) working on my degree! I will likely graduate in the winter and have been looking at masters programs to go in to while I still have the motivation.

Wow, that seems like quite a bit to start the year off with...can't wait to see what 2010 will bring.
Oh, and for the record, we spent New Year's Eve 2009 at Jennifer's house (Jerad's dad's girlfriend) eating tacos and playing scrabble and Wii. The highlight of the night was when Jerad tried to pull "fadegun and e-flocks" as a double word in scrabble and described eflocks as the birds that are too lazy to migrate so they do it online. Nice one honey.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year girl! I'm so glad to see you update the blog! Wishing you a year full of many wonderful things!!!

    ReplyDelete