Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to work

And what a joy it was. I had no headaches the entire break- BAM- I have had a headache today that is quickly turning into a migraine that I cannot get rid of. I am just so bummed to know that all of the progress I made these past two weeks can be erased so quickly. Now the countdown begins to the first shot cycle which will be about the 18th of January. There isn't much to say, I am just trying to ignore this cycle and get through it. One day I will have to do a post on all of the rude and hurtful comments made to me. I really don't understand why TTC is like free reign to people. I mean, you wouldn't walk up to a stranger or a barely acquainted co-worker and say, "Wow, do you think you are ever going to get married? Cause, like, you are getting really OLD!" Somehow when you are trying to have a baby, even though that is something that you cannot physically control AT ALL, people feel the need to give advice and say hurtful comments all over the place! I know that I am a little sensitive right now (a little...ha!) but really, somehow my workplace has just become free reign for all. Nobody there even knows the half of what we are going through but I will be darned if I don't get asked on a regular basis when I am going to drink the pregnancy water (we have 4 preggos at work right now), if my clock is ticking (one engineer walks by me in the hall and will only say "tick tock, tick tock"), if I feel like I am wasting time because I am not preggo yet (true comment!)...it is just unreal. It takes everything I have not to burst into tears, then to come home and be hit with a commercial or advertisement for something silly but baby related, man, I could use another two weeks of hiding from the world!
In other news, I was also bummed to learn that instead of having two graduation ceremonies, my school only has one. So, May of 2010 the graduates from fall 09, spring 10 and summer 10 will walk. Unfortunately I will be three credits (one class) short and have to graduate fall 2010, which means that I will not walk until May 2011. At that point I will be two semesters deep into my masters. Ugh! I was really looking forward to meeting my friend Julie. Since all of my classes have been online, I haven't had the "typical" college experience and don't get to meet any of the people who I have had multiple classes with. Also, I was really excited to see my 5 years of work come to an end! Darn it!
Happy Monday! Oh, I did go an order an awesome necklace from the Vintage Pearl. Yes, a blogger who shall remain nameless advertised this and while I want nothing to do with promoting this person or anything they are associated with, the first necklace under their "unique" category just really caught my eye and has been on my mind all day so I took some of my Christmas money and purchased that exact one, with the baby feet in the center and the words "you are worth it all". I think it will be a beautiful reminder that all the hurtful comments, shots, up and down emotions...all of it will all be worth it one day (soon, I hope!)

1 comment:

  1. jenn i am so sorry people are saying such heartless things!!! that is crazy.... and i smite that back-to-work headache!

    ReplyDelete