Saturday, January 30, 2010

0 DPO

I know, super creative post title!  This morning was our IUI and I am likely not ovulating until tomorrow (I forgot to do my poas test today but I am going by every other month's numbers).  So, I am not officially in the two week wait, but sort of.  IUI wasn't too bad- we were a little late in the door and got to walk into a waiting room with four other couples.  I hate how awkward that felt but, oh well!  You would think there would be some sort of knowing look or something but mostly (and J felt it too) it was like everyone was wondering what's wrong with you and why you were there!  The procedure itself wasn't too bad.  The worst is the warning the tech gave me about the meds I have to take the next two weeks.  As if the wait wasn't bad enough, she tells me that these medicines can mimic pregnancy symptoms (breast tenderness, nausea, moodiness, fatigue) so to "not get too excited."  I tell ya, I haven't blogged about it too much but the absolute worst part of all of this is that each two week wait, I look myself in the eye and say you are NOT pregnant, this is NOT a sign of pregnancy...yet inevitably something gives you that ray of hope.  Every twinge, every headache, every cramp makes you wonder if you are pregnant even when you try your hardest not to think about it.  So, after she told me this and left us alone ( I had to lie flat for 20 minutes) I just started bawling.  Poor J was trying to wipe my face and make sure I didn't move.  I just dread these next two weeks- especially since some of it will be spent with my family who has no idea that any of this is going on.  Then we will have to tackle Valentine's day and my birthday- 25 hit me really, really hard and I hope 26 goes a bit smoother!


And, because I feel like all I do is rant about IF on here, let me just tell you about some delicious tater tot casserole that my bloggy friend Finessa made.  You can check out her recipe here.  It is so, SO good and was so, SO easy!  I made it while J was hunting and I should have been doing homework!  Definitely worth it.  Hope everyone is having a good weekend...guess I oughta tackle some of that homework...

No comments:

Post a Comment