Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tasty Tuesday

I never knew how much time one could really spend online until I started blog-xploring (?). I love it! I have found so many new blogs to follow, really I could do that instead of posting. Much more interesting! Maybe I will pick up a few pointers, who knows! Anyways, I love the idea of sharing recipes, I was so impressed with this one (we cooked it for Sunday dinner and I have had it for lunch every day since) that I had to share. It really is delicious and EASY! So I don't know how to properly quote a recipe, this is from Good Eats, Alton Brown's show on Food Network (side note, how did I get so lucky to marry a man who is definitely the best cook I know, hands down and loves to try every food network recipe imaginable?) Anyways, all credit goes to Alton...this is from the "Casserole Over" episode with a few minor changes noted:

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup (light) mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup plain (light) yogurt
  • 1 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1/3 cup blue cheese dressing
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
  • Flavor Pack from Ramen (We used Oriental flavor, they were yummy!)
  • 6 cups broccoli, peeled stems and heads, chopped and blanched in salted water the (broccoli cooks and keeps good flavor in the casserole and we did not take the time to blanch it)
  • 12 (we used 6 oz) ounces sliced mushrooms, Sauteed in 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 package chicken flavored Ramen noodles, broken up (We used Oriental flavor, just as delicious)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a bowl combine mayonnaise, yogurt, cheddar cheese, blue cheese dressing, eggs, salt, pepper, and flavor pack from noodles. In a separate bowl combine broccoli, mushrooms, and broken noodles then toss together wet mixture and vegetables to evenly coat. Place in an 8 by 8-inch baking dish that has been sprayed with non- stick cooking spray and cook for 45 minutes covered. Then remove cover and bake for additional 15 minutes to brown. (Sprinkle a handful of cheddar over the top) Cool for 15 minutes before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment