Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Common Sense...

Although the majority of my inspiration to return to blogging was MckMama and all the wonderful blogs I have found through her link, I saw one post in particular where someone had decided to “blog a day” for thirty days and she talked about how therapeutic it was. That sounds excellent right about now! I love my job because there is always something new happening…and I hate my job because there is always something new happening! The same rules never apply twice and you can ask three different people for a solution and get three different answers- not exactly the way my type A personality works! This is especially fun at the end of the month, nothing like the mad dash for revenue and the inevitable problems that arise from the mad dash to cram twice the work in at the last minute. I just had to highlight my favorite conversation for the day so far (it isnt even noon yet…) and see if it made more sense on paper!

Test floor supervisor: Your lots for customer X aren’t going to ship today.

Me: Ok, why not? This is an expedite that they paid extra for…what happened?

TFS: The chamber didn’t get to temperature.

Me: Ok, we still have 8 hours and this should take 5 hours in the chamber, what am I missing?

TFS: Ok we will put it in.

30 minutes later


TFS: Your lots for customer X aren’t going to ship today.

Me: What happened now.

TFS: The chamber still didn’t get to temperature. It’s because there is too much weight in it.

Me: Ok, still 7.5 hours in the day, can we split the groups up to get less weight and get partial shipments out?

TFS: Ok

30 minutes later

TFS: We don’t have anyone to inspect these after they come out of the chamber.

Me: Ok

Me in my head: and so is this a new issue or???? Did we not know that until now? Because why did we waste an hour with the chamber if we didn’t have anyone to inspect….ARRRGGHHHH.

Turns out that was NOT the most frustrating moment of the day…but since I completely forgot about my blog until today as I am checking email on my way out the door, I am going to call it the end of the month rush and hope for better things today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment