Sunday, June 28, 2009

Because it's my blog and I want to!

Ha, too bad the story isn't nearly as interesting as the title. Anyways, I follow a few authors on facebook and as a huge reader myself was disturbed to see the discussion surrounding the link below. Honestly, I can't ever remember my parents NOT allowing me to read something. Books were always sought after in my house and I think some of the most boring reading was done while at school. Kudos to this teacher for trying to take a little bit of modern literature and apply it to her students lives. Personally I have read two of these stories and see the application to teenagers more so than some of the books we had to read in school. I recently picked up a few books for a friends daughter who just had surgery and let me tell you 90% of the "teen section" had gossip girl, a vampire or a pregnant teen on the front cover. Not to mention the ones I did end up picking for her featured a murder mystery, shrouded in a drug cover up and a teen who switches places with a famous model written by one of the most popular adult-romance authors out there. I'm just sayin...at least they are reading!

UnionLeader.com - New Hampshire news, business and sports - Litchfield teacher resigns after
readings criticized - Saturday, Jun. 27, 2009

Posted using ShareThis

1 comment: